The federal Partnership for Sustainable Communities has developed six livability principles to encourage more sustainable economies, environments, and social opportunities and to guide regions in their planning efforts.
- Provide more transportation choices
- Promote equitable, affordable housing
- Enhance economic competitiveness
- Support existing communities
- Coordinate and leverage federal policies and investment
- Value communities and neighborhoods
A regional visioning process will translate these general livability principles into distinct goals that make sense and are achievable in our region. The visioning process will identify the long-term goals that stakeholders and residents have for the Gulf Coast and will include stakeholder interviews, a region-wide public survey and public workshops. Each of these stages will be announced in advance to encourage broad-based participation.