The role of the Food System Subcommittee is to:
- Identify key critical issues that the plan needs to address regarding the food system paying close attention to the livability principles outlined by HUD, DOT and EPA.
- Prioritize key strategies.
- Recommend regional policies for supporting the food system, to include food access, food economy, natural environment, and food waste.
- Develop recommendations to eliminate/reduce/remove barriers that may be impacting the food system.
- Develop recommendations to expand local food production in order to increase employment and food access.
- Develop recommendations to increase livability for residents while balancing the protection of the natural environment.
Recommendations made by the Food System Subcommittee will be integrated with the other Plan elements in the draft and final plan.
Food System Documents
Ohio State University